Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Dungeon




It’s funny how most of us artists have a studio (either at home or someplace else) and we all refer to it as a dungeon.

Granted, we spend so much time in that table that it does feel like a ball and chain. Every time we are away from it all we can think is that we should be there, drawing, inking, lettering, whatever it is that we are supposed to be doing instead of having fun.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like we are miserable when we are working, we love what we do, but the irony it’s funny. I’m sure that it’s the closest thing to being married; when you are away she is nagging you to come back.

My little studio is not even that, it’s just a corner in my room (for now) where I have the whole set-up. There’s the table and the chair, my laptop, near sits the scanner and the ipod station (I can’t work without music). Then there’s my cork board, where I keep track of what I have to do and a couple of things for inspiration.

All in all it’s great to have this little place; all I’m missing is someone to pay me to stay there.

No comments: