Friday, October 28, 2011

This is what I do when I get bored.

It turns out that I´m planning on writing a book about comic book artists and their methods of work, and because I´m used to be a one-man-show I´m assuming that it´s gonna be me the one that it´s going to end up suffering while designing the whole book. With that in mind I´m diving head first into a new program to design books. Maybe some of you have heard of it , I´m talking about Quarkxpress.

In order to start figuring out how it works and what it can do with it I took it upon myself to create some sort of template of what I want my book to look like, so I grabbed a folder I have filled up with hundreds of drawings made by Jim Lee and decided to put some of them together as a hefty sketchbook.


I plan to have this book completed soon enough, I mean, it´s just compiling the images and writing the occasional text to go with them. How long can it take?

Truth is, I should be doing some stuff for school instead, but fuck that, passion comes first, and if there is something I´m passionate about it´s comics. Fuck school!

Anyhow, there you have the cover of the sketchbook and HERE a chapter as a preview. All this is made just for fun, it´s not going to be for sale or anything, it´s just to get in the mood for when the time comes to work on MY BOOK, a book that is going to be called "Creating comics: a visual journey" and if all the artists involved return the interviews at any time, my co-writer Lord Magnus and I are gonna get cracking with it.

Until then...see ya!

No comments: